Vocational Training and Lifelong Learning Center of AUEB
The main mission of the Athens University of Economics and Business (AUΕΒ) is the creation and dissemination of knowledge in all areas that serve the national and international economy and society as well as the education of responsible citizens. Therefore, AUEB's education activities in the fields of Economics, Business Administration and Information Sciences must also include activities in the field of continuing vocational education and training.
To this effect, the Vocational Training and Lifelong Learning Center (Κέντρο Επιμόρφωσης και Δια Βίου Μάθησης - ΚΕΔΙΒΙΜ) of AUEB was established in 2018 (Government Gazette 1 / 4.1.2018 vol. B’). The Center enables the university-wide coordination and interdisciplinary cooperation towards the promotion of training programs, continuing education, training and lifelong learning in general, contributing to the achievement of the aforementioned mission of AUEB.
The Center utilizes the already high level of know-how and extensive experience in vocational education, training and lifelong learning which has been accumulated by the operation of the preexisting Vocational Training Center (Κέντρο Επαγγελματικής Κατάρτισης - ΚΕΚ) and the preexisting eLearning Unit, through which hundreds of vocational training programs of various forms, duration, level and subject have been implemented since 1995.
The main goal of the Center is to satisfy the needs of vocational training and lifelong learning, primarily of the Greek economy and society, contributing positively to the labor market, increasing the competitiveness of the economy and the educational level of its trainees. The Center achieves this goal by offering programs that complement, modernize and/or upgrade the knowledge, skills and competencies acquired through formal education, vocational training and initial vocational training systems or from professional experience, facilitating integration or reintegration into the labor market, job security and professional and personal development.
The framework of activities of the Center includes the design, implementation, and dissemination of training programs that:
- Have a mainly professional (applied) orientation that focuses on knowledge and skills appreciated in the workplace, but also provide general knowledge that upgrades the educational level of participants and contributes to their personal development,
- Cover all the disciplines of AUEB, are available as "catalogue programs" (open to all candidates) or as "tailor-made" programs (intracompany programs that can be designed and implemented for a specific company or organization, according to specific needs),
- Are offered in Greek, English or another language,
- Are aimed at all potential target groups, such as high school graduates, students, university graduates, professionals (employees or freelancers, etc.), the unemployed, etc.
The programs are offered with the following training methods:
- Traditional instruction in the classroom,
- Synchronous participation in the classroom remotely, through live streaming,
- Asynchronous distance education using a digital education platform (eLearning) and
- Blended methods, which combine the above.
More information, contact details and the online application form to the programs of the Center are available on the website of the Center, https://diaviou.aueb.gr/